Friday, January 28, 2005

Back to the Future

Yeah, I got a blog.

And let me be the first to say that it's about time. I mean, usually I like to be the first kid on my block for at least a few things, and I guess I can be happy that I've had my somewhat 90's-looking web site for the past five years or so. I plan to celebrate the wood/silverware anniversary proper by re-launching it with upgraded interactivity, heaps of new content, the whole shabang. So, stay tuned for that action.

But still, I feel a little behind the times. At least I was the first kid on my block to get an iPod. Okay, 2nd. My friend Ron beat me to the punch on that, but mine's still kickin! I just replaced my (ahem, 1st generation) iPod battery with a 20 hour jobber, which I recommend highly for any fellow early adopters out there. It's a piece of cake to perform the upgrade yourself for a mere $40.

Sure, back in 2001 I paid $400 for a mere 5 GBs, but I knew that this thing was gonna be big and thus felt compelled to be in on it from the get-go. Likewise, I have the feeling that blogs are going to be very big this century, so y'all forgive me for being a little late to the party (but not for saying "y'all"). So even though my girlfriend Jen got her blog going just days before I started this one, I'm still cutting edge baby, cuz now I got a blog too, bee-yatch!


Ethan provides expertise and moral support.

7 comments:

JRae said...

I started mine more than a few days before you! More like, um, a week!! So there!

BTW, you can change the color of the Blogger nav bar at the top of the page to match your theme better. I think they have a silver option or something... it's in the Settings.

Dan Merrill said...

Just to set the record straight, Jen started her blog on a Monday and I started mine on the Friday of that same week. Five days, people. not a week. ;)

Dan Merrill said...

Flav--

Thanks for visiting. It was great seeing you in Steamboat, and hopefully that will be a regular thing overf the next few years.

Surrender to the Blogosphere!

Anonymous said...

You ain't cutting edge Dan unless you are Podcasting. I expect to hear your Podcast very soon.

Anonymous said...

Now that I've found your blog I'm never going to leave you alone. Muuummaahahahhahahhahaaha!!

To be a really cool blogger you have to have started blogging, then grew tired of it and then returned to blogging.

see the site below

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/02/20/MNGBKBEJO01.DTL

Dan Merrill said...

Pat, that article was awesome. Although I don't plan to publish my every move in blogland on a daily basis, I have a newfound respect for those who do it for ten years, then retire, then will inevitably come back. Can someone option the rights to this guy's story, or what?

Gabe said...

Welcome to blog land, Dan. I'm glad to have stumbled across your blog today and have added it to my Bloglines account so I won't miss a post!

Hope all is cool, man!

-Gabe